Uncovering the AI future with IBM Watson at IP EXPO Manchester
IP EXPO Manchester, part of Europe's number one enterprise IT event series, unveiled one of the leading authorities on AI, Mike Hobday, Vice President Cognitive IBM Watson, as the keynote speaker for day two of this years event.
While 2016 was marked by experimentation and proof-of-concepts, this year there is a rush to scale around robotics and cognitive computing, such as chat-bots, robo-advisors, Watson, and other artificial intelligence solutions. With the advent of new technologies - robotics, cognitive, machine learning, and blockchain, a new Industrial Revolution is happening around us - changing industry business models, workforces, processes, and services.
As the lead for IBM’s Cognitive Automation Consulting Practice in UK and Ireland, Mike will be sharing his experience working with IBM Watson and will delve into how intelligent automation/robotics will be transforming 25% of content jobs in the next two years. Mike will also be giving visitors to IP EXPO Manchester insight into our futures with cognitive automation, where technology is designed for no touch.
Bradley Maule-ffinch, EMEA Portfolio Director for the IP EXPO Event Series comments:
“Artificial Intelligence and cognitive computing have become some of the most discussed topics throughout the whole of the IP EXPO Event Series. It’s great to have Mike Hobday joining us to share more about the work being done with IBM Watson and give key insights into an area of technology that will no doubt have a huge impact on everyone in the near future.”
Additional AI highlights at IP EXPO Manchester 2017 include:
- Former CTO of Shazam, Michael Karliner, will be detailing work with RedSift at the intersection of Machine Learning and IoT
- Hayley Turner of Darktrace, who will delve into have machine learning can be used for advanced cyber defence
- Jan Machacek from Cake Solutions, will share his experience building several production-grade systems that heavily rely on machine learning & computer vision
- James Akrigg of Microsoft will be illustrating Microsoft’s developments in machine learning and how this can enable greater productivity
- Charles Adriaenssens of Splunk will show how Machine Learning can be applied to customer feedback to understand the impact of poorly performing business processes
Now in its third successful year, IP EXPO Manchester will take place on 26-27 April 2017 at the Manchester Central, Manchester. The technology event provides local organisations with access to an unprecedented group of influential speakers and brands across central themes of Cloud, Cyber Security, Networks and Infrastructure, DevOps, Open Source and a brand new topic combining AI, Analytics and IoT.
For further information and to register free for IP EXPO Manchester 2017, please visit: www.ipexpomanchester.com. Get involved on Twitter using #IPEXPOManchester