In the wake of HMIC’s recent report “Stop the Drift 2” regarding the difficulty the police and courts have dealing with CCTV and the number of different formats, Sira Defence and Security comments on the use of CCTV by law enforcement organisations.
- Increased emphasis on equipment interoperability
- Increased need to view CCTV
- Ease of equipment usage by technical and non technical staff
- A reduction in budgets
- Compatibility and conversion issues costing money
So is a universal CCTV viewer the answer?
The Home Office thought so; they have been encouraging Sira to develop the SiraView product to make CCTV viewing an easier experience for several years. What we have achieved is as follows:
- SiraView is easy to use with little or no training
- It’s a software product so no hardware costs
- It’s interoperable with many editing products
- Exports are compatible with many evidential storage solutions
- DVD exports are compatible with many Court Room facilities
- It’s based on windows
- SiraView can be transferred to a new computer if you change the hardware
- We send out upgrades to keep you up to date with changing formats
The new version 3.1 with enhanced viewing features, more formats and a visual viewing log will be released shortly. If you would like a free trial copy or would like to discuss your specific application do call me or visit the Web site www.siraview.com.
There has never been a better time to trial SiraView, the universal CCTV viewer it ticks all the boxes at a cost effective price.
Steve Lower – Business Director
Sira Defence and Security Ltd, York House, 74-82 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4N 4SJ
Direct: +44(0)1322 517 888