Senstar, the world’s largest manufacturer of perimeter intrusion detection systems (PIDS) is pleased to announce RoboGuard, a new first-of-its-kind autonomous perimeter surveillance robot. RoboGuard travels on a monorail and constantly patrols a secured perimeter. It conducts regular inspections of the fence line and can promptly respond to suspected intrusions. A complete system consists of autonomous robots, each covering up to 1 kilometer (0.6 mi), with a battery charging station for every two robots.
Jim Quick, President of Senstar Inc. stated: “Senstar is very excited to bring this innovative technology to market. We see huge benefits for customers who wish to augment their perimeter security systems, especially in remote unmanned sites or where timely first response by guards is expensive or impractical.”
RoboGuard has two primary modes: routine patrol, in which the robot scans and searches for perimeter anomalies such as holes in the fence or suspicious objects, and response mode, in which the robot acts as first responder and rushes promptly to an intrusion alert.
Jim Quick added: “Senstar is also pleased to announce that RoboGuard has been recognized as Security’s Best 2014 by ASIS (American Society of Industrial Security), as part of the annual Accolades program. We are honored to receive this esteemed award and look forward to exhibiting at ASIS to show this solution to customers and partners.”
RoboGuard will be showcased at the Senstar booth (705) at ASIS 2014 in Atlanta, from September 29 to October 1. Along with RoboGuard, Senstar will be demonstrating FlexZoneTM, its fence-mounted ranging sensor announced earlier this year, as well as their cyber security line of products. The Senstar cyber switch has received Honorable Mention in the Accolades program.
Facts about RoboGuard
- Autonomous surveillance robot
- Automatic and manual modes
- Coversusto1kmor0.6miperrobot o Powered by rechargeable battery
- Wi-fi communication
- Innovative, cost-effective solution for unmanned perimeters, remote sites and larger perimeters
- Laser-based detection of fence damage and nearby suspicious objects
- Rapid response to suspected intrusions
- Wide variety of payloads including
- Laser scanner that acts as a short range 3D LIDAR (Light Radar) for perimeter inspection
- Fixed camera with IR illuminator for short range perimeter surveillance and threats verification
- PTZ camera with IR illuminator for medium range surveillance and tracking
- Two-way intercom between the control room and a potential intruder