Security Innovation Award with New Jury
Applications Possible Online Until June 15, 2016
The Security Innovation Award has put itself on a new footing. Before the significant mark of distinction of the international security industry will be presented at the world’s premier fair Security Essen for the fifth time, the jury has been newly constituted. In 2016, the manufacturer-independent body which unites the specialist competence of the entire sector within it is being headed by Jens Washausen, Member of the Board of the Federal Association of Independent German Security Consultants and Engineers (BdSI), for the first time.
The expert for global travel security is succeeding Hermann Feuerlein, former Vice-Chairman of BdSl, who has accompanied the Security Innovation Award since the premiere in 2008 with his expertise. “He deserves our heartfelt thanks for fruitful and trusting cooperation,” says Claus-Peter Regiani, Head of Project for Security Essen at Messe Essen. Students on the Risk and Security Management Course of Studies at the University for Public Administration in Bremen are also new members of the jury.
Economic Protection is New Award Category
There are also new features with regard to the Security Innovation Award itself. Until now, the mark of distinction for outstanding performances in the international security industry has been presented in the three categories: Technology & Products, Services as well as Fire Prevention. In 2016, Messe Essen will extend the mark of distinction by the Economic Protection category.
“The protection from industrial espionage is gaining ever more significance in the security industry,” according to Claus-Peter Regiani. “We are taking account of that with the new strategic orientation of the award which is known as the sector’s Oscar.”
Security Innovation Award: Overview of the Jury
The mark of distinction will be presented during the world’s premier fair Security Essen 2016 which will take place at Messe Essen from September 27 to 30, 2016. All the exhibiting companies will be able to put themselves forward as candidates until June 15, 2016. The jury will assess the submissions according to the following criteria: innovation content, user benefits, economic viability, reliability and reasonableness.
The members of the jury in detail
- Jens Washausen (Chairman) – Member of the Board of BdSI, Managing Director of GEOS GmbH
- Stefan Berger – Vice-Chairman of the Board of the Federal Association for Security Technology (BHE), Alarm- & Sicherheitstechnik Berger GmbH
- Ulrich Bogdahn – Director of the Professional Fire Service of the City of Essen
- Helmut Brückmann – Editor-in-Chief of VeKo-online; Florian Haacke, Chairman of the Board of the Association for Security in the Economy of North Rhine-Westphalia (VSW NW) and Corporate Security Manager of RWE AG
- Marcus Heide – Editor-in-Chief of Security insight
- Karl-Heinz Hollung – Chairman of the Board of the Association for Security Technology (VfS), HSC Hollung Security Consult GmbH
- Peter Krapp – Managing Director of the Trade Association for Security and the Installers’ and Planners’ Consortium of the German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association (ZVEI)
- Jürgen Mathies – Police Commissioner of Cologne and Leverkusen
- Andreas Nenner – Chairman of the Board of the Alliance for Security in the Economy (ASW) and Director Corporate Security Fresenius SE & Co. KgaA
- Dr. Harald Olschok – Chief Executive Officer of the Federal Association of the Security Industry (BDSW)
- Horst Schärges – SecuMedia Verlags GmbH
- Thomas Urban – Security Division Manager of VdS Schadenverhütung GmbH
- Students at the University for Public Administration in Bremen