Oncam Grandeye, the innovator in 360-degree surveillance cameras, technology and security solutions, announces a world’s first – OnVu360. A mobile application, available on iTunes, that for the first time ever, enables users to fully experience surveillance through 360-degrees, in full HD and in the palm of your hand.
OnVu360 enables total situational awareness, wherever you are, at your fingertips— literally. Never before have customers had this kind of experience, enabling 24/7 access to the information that is business critical.
“Until now, the 360 experience was reserved for professional-grade systems and didn’t allow for a truly immersive mobile experience. The OnVu360 mobile app is the first patented technology that enables users to harness the speed and processing power of Oncam Grandeye. It is an important first step in providing total situational awareness anywhere, anytime, on any platform,” said Adam Pineau, Director of Systems Engineering, Oncam Grandeye.
The app features zero latency as the user navigates by utilizing the pinch-to-zoom features of any iOS device. The OnVu360 app can stream up to a full 5-megapixels and supports Oncam Grandeye’s Halocam and recently released Evolution line of cameras. Streaming over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G connectivity, you can also take a “snapshot” to save precious data if used over a cellular-data network.
Pineau added, “Recent advances in mobile technology have allowed us develop on platforms others never thought possible,” said Pineau. “Our patented, 360-degree technology, available on the app, is a truly groundbreaking experience that you need to see and touch to believe. It is a game changer in the quest for total situational awareness, and will set a trend that will grab the attention of the security industry worldwide and become a model for the future”.
The app will allow users access to:
- Oncam Grandeye’s patented technology, providing the ultimate 360-degree experience
- Grouping of cameras to provide easy navigation
- Support up to 5MP camera streams
- Direct connection to both Halocam and the Evolution Camera Range
- Gesture based 360-expereince.
- Snapshot mode to manually update camera while using a cellular connection
- iPad and iPhone compatibility
- iOS version 5.0 or higher
- iPad 2, new iPad and iPad mini, iPhone 4, 4S, 5
- Oncam Grandeye IP 360-degree camera
- Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G data