Nouveau Solutions Podcast discusses PCI Compliance
Nouveau Solutions’ Marketing Manager, Gareth Crew and Head of Managed Services – Sales, Claudette Jones, discuss PCI Compliance in their latest podcast in association with SecurityNewsDesk; offering helpful advice on how to achieve PCI Compliance, and how best to secure your critical data and mitigate malicious attacks.
Please click play to listen to the Nouveau Solutions podcast below:[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/securitynewsdesk/Managed_Services_Podcast.mp3″ title=”PCI Compliance” artist=”Security News Desk” social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_email=”true”]
Financial fraud and identity theft is a serious problem for anyone dealing with credit or debit card transactions. Gareth and Claudette explain the twelve requirements of The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and discuss how these standards are designed to help businesses secure card payments and reduce fraud. They also offer helpful advice on how best to secure your critical data, and how to best mitigate or avoid malicious attacks.
The twelve requirements of The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard discussed in this podcast:
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect card holder data
- Don’t use vendor supply defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
- Protect your card-holder data
- Encrypt transmission of card-holder data against open and public networks
- Protect all systems against malware and regularly update anti-virus software and programmes
- Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
- Restrict access on card-holders on a need-to-know basis
- Identity and authenticate access to system components
- Restrict physical access to card-holder data
- Track and monitor all access to netowrk resources and card-holder data
- Regularly test security systems and processes
- Maintain the policy that addresses information security from all of your personnel
How can Nouveau Solutions help?
Nouveau Solutions is a specialist network and security solutions company, who work in partnerships with clients and have built long lasting relationships over the past 24 years. They specialise in and identify the ultimate managed service solution to meet your operation requirements using their in-house consultancy experts, which allows them to create a perfectly tailored and scalable system that will help support the services in your organisation.
They can work with you to ensure that your network infrastructure meets all the set requirements, whether you’ve completed self-assessment or require assistance in the rectification process in the event of a breach or investigation. With their specialist team of engineers, they can offer network infrastructure consultancy and provide a report with advisory actions in order to secure and protect your network, and can also use their skilled team to install, deploy and implement any remedial work required.