Kings Security Systems has launched a new training academy to promote skills and provide on-going development to its 579 security professionals across the UK.
Anthony King, managing director of Kings said: “The launch of Kings’ Training Academy puts training firmly at the core of our business and will drive our employee skills, standards and qualifications to an even higher level.
“The new academy further demonstrates our ongoing commitment to investing in our people and developing homegrown talent across all areas of the business, from apprentices to senior managers. We will continue to lead the security industry through our apprenticeship programmes and NVQs through to Masters degrees, with the aim of developing industry professionals and leaders for the future.”
Kings has also created a new internal training committee to oversee the academy’s development and has engaged with a training partner, SPS Ltd, to support the company’s current and future training needs.
A number of training initiatives are already underway at Kings:
- 22 staff are undertaking the 12-month Certified Security Management Professional (CSMP) Certification; a modular qualification that provides core knowledge for managing a security function. This includes the managing director, commercial director, national account managers and sales managers
- 210 security officers are working towards NVQ level 2 in Security Guarding
- 23 managers are working towards NVQ level 3 in Management
- 17 team leaders are working towards NVQ Level 2 in Team Leading
- 32 members of staff have successfully passed their NVQ Level 2 in Business Admin, whilst 15 members are working towards this qualification
- 120 Kings’ engineers across the UK will be working towards NVQ level 3 in Electronic security & Emergency Systems.
- 13 apprentices are already being trained in the business, with further apprentices being recruited in the London area
- All employees are attending a two-day course covering first aid, customer service, manual handling, fire awareness and elements of the ISO27001 quality accreditation.