Surveillance video standards organisation the HDcctv Alliance will provide the security industry with its first look at the new generation of HDcctv 2.0 surveillance technologies and products at ISC West 2014.
The Alliance recently ratified the HDcctv 2.0 standards, which have been developed and agreed for equipment able to produce high-fidelity HD video without transmission delay and without the need for IP cameras or Ethernet cabling within a secured premises – meaning a significant cost-saving in many surveillance systems.
At ISC West 2014, five members of the Alliance – Dahua, Eyenix, Intersil, WEBGATE, Telecom & Security and GenIV – will showcase new, HDcctv 2.0-related technologies and equipment.
Todd Rockoff, HDcctv Alliance executive director, said: “There are two primary variants of HDcctv 2.0 – NR and AT. HDcctv 2.0 NR DVRs and cameras add plug ‘n’ play remote control up-the-coax to the underlying HDcctv 1.0 format. HDcctv 2.0 AT, based on HDCVI technology, delivers HDTV signals over any legacy CCTV coaxial cabling, along with the plug ‘n’ play remote control capability. Both variants offer significant advantages over HD-SDI transmission.”
Companies exhibiting on the HDcctv Alliance booth at ISC West 2014 are:
- Dahua – A world-leading advanced video surveillance solution provider and the inventor of HDCVI technology. The company’s product portfolio includes a full system series of front-end, back-end, and display equipment, as well as software and intelligent traffic solutions.
- Intersil – Intersil Corporation is a leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance semiconductors for HDcctv DVRs, delivering a variety of high-performance digital HD solutions.
- WEBGATE – WEBGATE is the world’s #1 manufacturer of HDcctv-compliant DVRs, cameras and converters. Moreover, through its extensive experience in defence industry projects and investment in R&D, WEBGATE has built a strong reputation for innovation and reliability in security systems integration.
- Eyenix – Eyenix manufactures world-class Image Signal Processors for HDcctv surveillance cameras, providing security cameras with a total solution for capturing, analysing, and transmitting HD video.
- Telecom & Security – Innovative Italian manufacturer of coaxial connectivity products for the security industry, focused on simple, re-usable, and effective termination solutions for coaxial cable-based installations.
- GenIV – Provider of full range of advanced-technology HD surveillance equipment for the North American market.
Yin Jun, Director of R&D at Dahua, said: “We’re very excited about HDcctv 2.0 and the flexibility it offers both end users and installers. HDcctv 2.0 AT, in particular, provides the means to upgrade any analogue system to HD quality video with remote control without disturbing the legacy infrastructure.”
Jon Hwang, CEO of Eyenix, said: “Those responsible for designing and specifying surveillance systems are now able to work with HDcctv as easily as they worked with analogue CCTV 10 years ago. Certified HDcctv-compliant products from a variety of manufacturers will always interoperate, without the need to test all pair-wise combinations. This means convenience, peace of mind, and freedom of choice for installers and end users.”
Leslie Park, WEBGATE Marketing Director, said: “The plug ‘n’ play remote control of HDcctv-compliant products reduces the costs of installation and operation. WEBGATE anticipates being among the first companies to offer HDcctv 2.0 NR-compliant equipment.”
At ISC West 2014 the HDcctv Alliance will be exhibiting on booth 18140, where visitors are encouraged to meet Alliance members, see the latest HDcctv technology in operation, and discover more about the benefits of HDcctv 2.0. To book a meeting at ISC West, or simply to find out more about HDcctv 2.0, email: email@example.com