IDIS has unveiled its new DirectIP framework and IP protocols that enable rich connectivity and full functionality of each device and element within its powerful yet intuitive high-definition (HD) video surveillance solutions.
The DirectIP framework tackles compatibility and the issues associated with existing protocols, which often prevent the full functionality of cameras, network video recorders (NVRs) and other network equipment from being realised. Designed to provide a simple yet high-performance solution, the framework builds an entire network system from a single source supplier with the DirectIP suite comprising a range of IP cameras and NVRs, video management software plus DirectIP™ switching hubs and accessories.
Brian Song, European Director, IDIS, said: “As the IP-based market has grown, many providers’ products have no common communication methodology. Today, IP-based devices have independent protocols proprietary to the manufacturer, often meaning every individual product within a surveillance solution is different. Even common protocols, ONVIF and PSIA, can present challenges, while advanced mobile technology and the demand for remote surveillance add yet another dimension to the conundrum.”
“All of this is not only complex but results in compatibility issues and loss of functionality across various products and devices within surveillance and wider security systems. IDIS has developed DirectIP to solve these problems and complexities to offer a simple and more affordable solution that actually enhances the performance of each element and device to provide rich connectivity across high-definition video surveillance.”
IDIS DirectIP now provides an easy and convenient package of products to build and operate network security systems. DirectIP permits simple configuration and installation and minimises the complexity of multiple connections, cameras, recorders and integration with third party and legacy systems delivering a complete security solution all from one single vendor.
The clear and tangible benefits to customers include:
- Simplicity – DirectIP is truly plug and play, offering an intuitive user interface similar to that of analog systems and DVRs in terms of configuration, usability and day-to-day operation. Along with switching hubs and accessories, DirectIP reduces and in many cases eliminates the need for costly implementation and integration support.
- High performance – DirectIP combines cutting-edge technology with the quality and reliability expected from IDIS products and solutions. NVRs are equipped to perform five key Pentaplex processes simultaneously, including real-time live monitoring and recording at HD resolution with no degradation of image quality or network interruptions.
- Compatibility – Managed through IDIS video management software, DirectIP enables integration with new and legacy systems, external devices and supports popular third party protocol.
- Cost effectiveness – DirectIP offers NVR and high definition quality without additional cost, while it lowers installation fees, brings down training costs and requires less maintenance.
- One-stop-shop solution – DirectIP is an end-to-end solution providing all the necessary elements and accessories to build an HD video surveillance solution. The rich connectivity provides a powerful yet intuitive solution appropriate for a wide range of vertical markets and applications.
Song added: “Whereas network HD surveillance technology and functionality in the past may have only have been accessible to larger organisations with significant budgets, the IDIS DirectIP solution is far more affordable and convenient; and it is readily available and suitable for the majority of applications, large or small.”
DirectIP from IDIS will launch this year at IFSEC International, NEC Birmingham, on 13th – 16th May 2013 in Hall 5 Stand D30.