Global Security Asia 2013 (GSA 2013) will be held at the Marina Bay Sands Convention Centre, Singapore, from April 2-4 and offers attendees the chance to network with leading industry and government security specialists.
The Event has been honoured by the presence of Mr Masagos Zulkifli, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Foreign Affairs who will officially open the Event.
Since its launch in 2005, the GSA 2013 series has focused on showcasing the latest technologies, equipment and services relevant to the Homeland Security environment. GSA 2013 expects to welcome more than 7000 visitors; including 70 VIP delegates from 13 countries around the region, with over 200 International Exhibiting companies from 27 countries, plus 41 high profile international speakers from INTERPOL, NATO and other State Security Agencies who will share their expertise and experience at the themed conference “Towards a Safer Tomorrow ”.
“Today’s society is ever more complicated and is becoming more dependent on complex structures. People travel more extensively with many living in an urban environment. History reminds us that acts of terrorism or civil unrest can suddenly disrupt their lives. When one looks at the world it is hard to imagine a more unstable environment which few of us foresaw a few years ago. Governments today face the challenge of ensuring that their security policies constantly evolve to meet the ever increasing and sophisticated threats to ensure the maintenance of law and order.
“Maintaining and improving security remains a high priority for Governments in the region and Singapore is therefore a highly appropriate City in which to host GSA 2013. It is acknowledged that a significant factor in the continuing success of Singapore can be attributed to the security measures that Singapore has implemented over the years together with its future plans will ensure that their citizen ’s comfort and security will be guaranteed for many years to come ” said Andrew Marriott, Managing Director, GSA Exhibitions Pte Ltd.
A selection of the key highlights at this year’s Exhibition and Conference include:
- INTERPOL ’s participation in the Exhibition and Conference for the first time allows attendees a valuable insight into one of the world ’s most widely known and respected intergovernmental organisation.
- AM General LLC will be showcasing their special purpose vehicles including the military-approved Humvee (HMMWV); as well as their other field training, technical and engineering support services.
- Join Glock Ges m.b.H (for Glock); Fabbrica D ’Armi Pietro Beretta S.p.A (for Bretta); Colt Defence LLC (for Colt); Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos (CBC); Sig Sauer (for Sig Sauer); Sako Limited (for Sako) and others at their respective booths for one of the largest displays of the latest small arms, rifles, ammunition designed to meet the requirements of paramilitary and security forces.
- Trijicon Inc will be displaying their world-class combat aiming system, optics and technology. Such innovations have earned the endorsement and trust of many national law enforcement and global defence agencies.
- Keynote Address to be given by the respected Dr Rohan Gunaratna, M.A. (Notre Dame), Ph.D. (St. Andrews), Professor of Security Studies and Head of International Centre for Political Violence and Terrorism Research. He will be sharing his views on “The Current and Emerging Global Terrorist Threats in the Asia Pacific region ”.
- Other notable speakers and leading experts participating at the Conference include: General Tariq Parvez , former National Coordinator for the National Counter Terrorism Authoriy and Former DG Federal Intelligence Agency Intelligence Agency and Chairman of Initiative for Public Security (IPSEC), Lieutenant Colonel Bernd Allert , an expert in CBRN from the Weapons of Mass Destruction Non-Proliferation Centre, NATO, Mr Noboru Nakatani, Executive Director, INTERPOL Global Complex for Innovation, Ms Caroline O ’Hare , Commander of Strategy & Education Units of the Counter Terrorism & Special Tactics Command, New South Wales Police Force.