In today’s complex and always-connected world, hackers can exploit an increasing number of entry points to inflict damage to companies and individuals. With more and more players (cybercriminals, whistle-blowers, governments etc.) that can pose ever more serious threats such as advanced persistent threats (APTs), espionage and fraud, it is very important to be future ready.
As the threat of cybercrime continues to grow, it is key to connect companies to the latest thinking in cyber security. Amongst the leading cyber security events is Cyber Security EXPO, which together with Data Centre EXPO will be co-located with IP EXPO Europe at London’s ExCeL. Held on the 8 – 9 October 2014, Cyber Security EXPO will aim to provide CISOs and IT security staff the tools, new thinking and policies to meet the 21st century business cyber security challenge.
With over 300 exhibitors, this year’s EXPO will feature a range of activities to bring us closer to the hacking community and its techniques. These include The SDN Conference, The Digital Transformation Summit and The Cyber Hack, a new live open source security lab which will expose visitors to demonstrations and discussions of the latest attacks and identified risks. Attendees will be able to share ideas with White Hat hackers and security gurus, amongst other Cyber Security EXPO speakers and industry specialists.
The EXPO will also host a wide range of seminar sessions including:
- Living in a surveillance state – Mikko Hypponen, F-Secure
- Have cyber security professionals lost their touch? – Jitender Arora, Independent
- The paradox of big data – Bruce Schneier, CO3
- Keeping the world’s biggest phone business safe and its shareholders happy – Richard Knowlton, Vodafone
- Protecting your organization in an outside-in world – Jon Callas, Silent Circle
- CIO & CSO in the C-Suite: Where do they belong? – Robert Quinn and Rick Howard, Palo Alto Networks
- Now you see me, now you don’t: chasing evasive malware – Giovanni Vigna, Lastline
It is crucial that businesses implement an holistic approach to protecting their assets and this most certainly involves a proactive rather than reactive approach to security. To delve deeper into what you need to know about your own systems and defences, join us at Cyber Security EXPO, co-located with IP EXPO Europe. Register now at www.cybersec-expo.com.
Cyber Security EXPO
8 – 9 October 2014