Global security smoke pioneers, Concept Smoke Screen are proud to announce sponsorship of the Environmental Initiative category in this year’s Security Excellence Awards, due to take place on Wednesday 19th October at the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, London.
‘It’s exciting to be working with UBM,’ says Marketing Assistant Dylan Hollick, ‘they spearhead the security industry’s major events”
As well as being shortlisted in two categories themselves, Concept will be presenting the award for outstanding commitment to environmental awareness within the security sector.
“Looking after our planet has been part of mainstream consciousness for more than twenty years now, the ideas, the techniques and the values are still as important and relevant today as they ever were. We believe this is a vital part of the future of security technology,” Dylan continues.
Security Excellence Awards
The Security Excellence Awards are widely recognised as the Oscars of the security world. The evening brings together the cream of the industry’s practitioners in recognition and honour of the magnificent achievements achieved throughout the year and covers every aspect of security.
Acknowledgement in the Small to Medium Installer of the Year category highlights the strength of Concept’s expertise, vision and ability to roll-out large installation and maintenance programmes.
Yet it is the Integrated Security Solution of the Year that is generating the most excitement. Here is some background:
After experiencing a wave of devastating robberies, Aurum Holdings, a prestigious UK jewellery chain, installed Smoke Screens in more than 100 of their stores – this had a major impact on the losses they were suffering. There were problems with other areas of security so Concept were approached to provide a control and monitoring solution for the entire security system. Concept allied with RISCO Group.
RISCO Group’s integrated solution, comprising the ProSYS Integrated Security System and SynopSYS PSIM Platform, enables remote monitoring and control, in real-time, of all the Smoke Screen devices and alarm systems located in all stores within the Aurum estate.
Sales Director Matt Gilmartin explains the benefits of the partnership, “RISCO Group’s solution allows us to view the status of all our devices deployed in the field and respond quickly and efficiently. It can also instantly access a store’s live CCTV feed to help assess situations and enables full control over the entire alarm system, all from a remote location. This gives us a unique edge on our competition and helps us deliver a very high level of customer service.”
Benefits of the system
In summary, the Concept/Risco system will enable companies to:
• cut costs – the system can be monitored and controlled remotely necessitating fewer callouts and less refills, cutting down on false activations.
• improve site security – no more issues with alarm setting/unsetting, particularly in delivery areas – the system will banish this vulnerability.
• relay actual break-ins direct to the police – remote users can determine an intrusion by checking trigger confirmation and CCTV images and inform the authorities and keyholders, benefiting all sites including those not on police response.
• boost staff morale – no more getting the keyholder out of bed at 3 in the morning because of a false alarm, also staff need no longer worry about staying late to wait for a keyholder or an engineer – tired, unhappy staff have a negative effect on customer service levels.
• enjoy peace of mind – you can be sure that your property is protected 100% of the time.
About RISCO Group
RISCO Group creates IP-based integrated security solutions for the global security markets. From software solutions to high-performance wired and wireless integrated systems, the company develops products matching customers’ requirements and industry standards. RISCO Group’s solutions for buildings and control rooms, sophisticated detector technology, intrusion, video and access control systems are found in commercial, industrial, institutional and residential applications around the world.