Rooms with a View: A regular feature of CCTV Image in which we focus on a CCTV system and find out what makes it tick. This is about not only the technology but also the management of the system and looking at the impact it has had on crime and other aspects of its operational requirement.
PSIM: Physical Security Information Management – It’s perhaps too simplistic to simply dismiss PSIM as a buzzword, but it certainly is one of those acronyms that are bandied about with little agreement on what it actually means.
We would like to invite you, the readers of CCTV Image, to help us pin down what we mean by PSIM. Write to us with your views:
- Define PSIM in 300 words or less – is it more than just system integration?
- What’s the future of PSIM? Give us your vision for the development of this concept.
- If there were one thing you could tell people about PSIM, what would it be? Would you challenge a misconception about it, or perhaps highlight the ROI of the technology? Let us know.
Open Platform: The app approach to security?
Can you build a security system like you would download apps for your mobile phone? Does it enable you to build a bespoke system using off-the-shelf components, or is it too pricey? We would like to hear your views on:
- What does Open Platform mean? Can you say a system is “open” if it only works with certain brands? Or would you go as far as to say it has to be completely open source?
- Do standards like ONVIF and PSIA bring us closer to the dream of truly open platforms?
- If there were one thing about open platforms that you could tell our audience, what would it be? Would you challenge a misconception or outline your vision for open platforms?
If you have any comments on the above, please feel free to contact the editor in confidence. email@example.com or 020-8255 5007.