Canon Europe has announced the addition of nine new network security cameras to its range. The new high performance cameras are ideal for a wide variety of indoor and outdoor environments, including retail, city surveillance and critical infrastructure monitoring. All nine cameras feature advanced Canon Ultra-low Dispersion lens technology, with wide angle of views, antireflective infrared coating and a new high sensitivity CMOS sensor to attain new standards of low light performance.
The newest additions to Canon’s network camera range offer a full array of network camera formats, including devices for outdoor and indoor use, Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ), fixed domes and fixed box cameras.
The new PTZ cameras offer users longer zoom range to deliver improved identification and superb lowlight performance, whilst the latest outdoor additions feature IK10 vandal resistance certification, ensuring that users can rely on the cameras operating in all conditions. The camera housing design and camera body material for the outdoor cameras also allow a larger temperature range of operation for use in various environmental conditions.
The whole range of new network security cameras have optimised H.264 encoding and redefined image quality settings. The addition of new Area-specific Data Size Reduction (ADSR) technology offers users greater bandwidth control by allowing users to select up to eight distinct areas in the field of view for HD recording, whilst the remaining areas are recorded in standard definition. This helps to reduce overall infrastructure and storage costs.
Advanced Lens Technology
With the latest Canon technology designed to ensure maximum performance, the latest Canon network cameras feature two types of lenses, the High UD and Super UD. Super UD lenses minimise inconsistent focus under visible and infrared light, and help maintain accurate focus and high resolution when switching between light sources and the High UD counteracts chromatic aberration whilst reducing the lens’ overall physical size, making these the first Canon network cameras with High UD lenses.
Julian Rutland, Planning and Strategy Director, Canon Europe, says: “Video surveillance has become an essential tool against crime and to improve safety. The CCTV industry is evolving rapidly and it’s important for integrators to be able to offer customers solutions that cater for their specific environment and business needs. Our new cameras are a fantastic addition to the surveillance camera landscape, offering the high-quality low-light performance demanded by the market while keeping bandwidth requirements to a minimum.”
The new network camera range comes equipped with Profile S ONVIF compatibility, allowing for simple integration with the majority of VMS platforms, as well as Profile G, for the recording, searching, and play-back of footage from the edge recording device.
Julian Rutland adds: “Our new cameras offer system integrators and customers the product format, performance, durability, compliance and certifications that the evolving security market is now demanding, helping these devices to stand out as true high-end network video surveillance cameras for indoor and outdoor use.”
Unique features by model include:
Continuous 360° PTZ Cameras:
- VB-R11VE & VB-R10VE (outdoor), VB-R11 (indoor): Vandal resistant PTZ with 30x zoom lens, the Canon ‘Speed Dome’ cameras feature 360˚continuous rotation, auto flip, intelligent auto-tracking, 58.4° wide angle view and 450˚/sec high-speed precision PT control to ensure that organisations have maximum coverage of their space.
- The new Micro-Step Motors used in the cameras is three-times faster, accelerates five-times quicker and is approximately seven-times more precise than existing models, while still delivering greater levels of control and durability. The full specification models of the Speed Dome cameras also introduce an Intruder and Scream alarm detection trigger and extensive weatherproofing for all environmental conditions.
Fixed Dome Cameras:
- VB-M641VE & VB-M640VE (outdoor),
- VB-M641V, VB-M640V (indoor): Canon’s high-end vandal resistant outdoor and indoor dome cameras feature a 2.4x zoom with F1.4 IR-corrected lens, an ultra-wide angle of view of 111.5° and IK10 Vandal Resistance certification. Intruder and Scream detection are also available on the higher-specification model. Integrators can also provide an optional heater for the VB-M641VE and VB-M640VE for extended low temperature use, making this the ideal camera for challenging weather conditions.
Fixed Box Cameras:
- VB-M741LE / VB-M740E: Outdoor fixed-box cameras featuring a 2.4x zoom lens and an ultra-wide 113.4º angle of view for high quality imaging day or night, making these cameras ideal for use in extremely cold and hazardous outdoor areas. The full specification model also comes equipped with a built-in IR LED that enables filming in zero light conditions.
Customers, VMS partners and system integrators can find out more information about Canon’s network camera product range here: http://cpn.canon-europe.com