BriefCam, the industry’s leading provider of Video Synopsis® and Deep Learning solutions, today announced v5 of its breakthrough video content analytics platform. BriefCam’s platform is built on a unique fusion of Computer Vision and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies spawning new and innovative opportunities to turn video footage into an essential asset.
BriefCam v5 introduces new capabilities across all three of the platform’s seamlessly integrated modules, delivering a powerful approach to making video searchable, actionable and quantifiable. The new version enables customers to rapidly realize both the security and business value their surveillance system can provide by innovatively harnessing the process-once-use-many paradigm throughout the platform.
“Following the significant migration from analog to IP cameras and the investment in video surveillance management systems, organizations are now looking how to extract the most value from their surveillance systems,” said BriefCam partner, Jordan Heilweil the Founder of Total Recall, a Convergint Technologies Company. “BriefCam’s customers outpace suspects and meet complex business challenges by reviewing hours of video in minutes, pinpointing objects of interest, extracting quantifiable insights from video data and transforming their organizations into proactive enterprises.”
Architected exclusively for GPU-based processing, BriefCam v5 exponentially increases video processing efficiency delivering 4X faster processing than v4. Key new features include:
Rapid Review & Search
- Addition of semantic detection for increased object extraction quality, and support for searching video by nine new object classes and eight new attributes
- Multi-camera search rapidly pinpoints objects across any number of cameras, while close-up clips enable immediate viewing of the object of interest with back-to-original video support
- Face recognition and appearance similarity extend BriefCam’s rapid search capabilities, while Case Management and Investigation Reports streamline investigator workflow
Quantitative Research & Planning
- Comprehensive Business Intelligence platform dynamically trends and visualizes key performance indicators derived from extracted video objects and their classification
- Out-of-the-box, easily customizable, report library addresses multiple use cases for verticals such as law enforcement, transportation and retail, while supporting rapid creation of new dashboards for different stakeholders and personas
- Scheduled, continuous and file-based processing provides support for a wide variety of different sources
- Customizable smart-alerts leverage the advanced analytics capabilities of the platform, providing near real-time notification of safety, security and operational events
- Powerful and easy to use wizard enables complex alert rule creation and editing
- Save and re-load capabilities of alert rules and filters enables quick reproduction of findings across all modules
“By harnessing deep learning, parallel processing, and data science technologies to advance our previous breakthroughs using computer vision, we are transforming how organizations utilize video surveillance footage to be more productive, proactive, and predictive,” said Trevor Matz, BriefCam president and CEO. “The availability of BriefCam v5 allows for crimes to be solved faster, cities to be safer and for companies to serve customers better.”
BriefCam will demonstrate the functionality of its new v5 platform at ISC West 2018 in booth #31086. BriefCam v5 will be available in the second quarter, 2018.
BriefCam v5 has also won a 2018 Govies Award in the category for Video Analytics. The Govies awards honor outstanding government security products in a variety of categories.
Learn more about BriefCam v5 here.