AXIS Camera Station is a complete video monitoring and recording solution for small and midsize installations that takes full advantage of Axis’ leading network cameras and video encoders. The 4.0 release combines easy installation and a new intuitive user interface with powerful features for effective investigation and high definition identification.
Axis Communications, the world leader in network video, today launches a new release of its video management software AXIS Camera Station. With the introduction of AXIS Camera Station 4.0, Axis is setting a new standard for easy and efficient video surveillance.
“Many feature-rich video management systems on the market today are also quite complex to install and use,” says Peter Friberg, Director of System and Services, Axis Communications. “With AXIS Camera Station 4.0 we prove that it is possible for a video management solution to be both powerful – and easy to use. Based on experience from 50,000 installations worldwide and input from installers and users, we have improved the system in many aspects. This launch is a first, important step to really put efficient operation and identification in focus.”
The new release includes a setup wizard with automatic camera discovery which guides the user through every step of the configuration process. This allows for the system to be up and running within minutes.
The user interface of AXIS Camera Station has been re-designed with focus on ease-of-use and intuitive operations for key areas such as live view navigation, event configuration and video investigation.
With AXIS Camera Station 4.0, Axis introduces Extended Smart Search. By simply defining an area of interest the user can search through vast amounts of high definition video in just seconds for quick investigation and retrieval of evidence. The new Extended Smart Search function is based on AXIS Video Content Stream technology – a technology where certain information in the images is captured by the camera and sent as a separate stream together with the video and audio files.
AXIS Camera Station allows the user to take full advantage of Axis’ market-leading network cameras and their capabilities, such as 360º overview recording with client de-warping, multi-view streaming, Axis Corridor Format, H.264 compression and advanced camera-based video motion detection providing high definition video for identification even if bandwidth and storage is limited.
Further features of AXIS Camera Station 4.0 include:
- 64-bit server and client architecture to increase performance and robustness
- Advanced video motion detection, VMD 2.1, is automatically installed and configured in the camera as part of the setup
- Drag and drop for quick navigation to cameras to show video on selected screens
- Instant replay allows the operator to navigate from live video to replay the same incidence over again
- Support for AXIS A1001 Network Door Controller
- Events can be manually triggered from live view and used to for example open/close doors, switch on/off lights
- Extensive multilingual support for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Turkish, Arabic and Persian.
The new AXIS Camera Station 4.0 is available as a trial version from http://www.axis.com/products/cam_station_software/index.htm.