Aperio™ is a new technology developed to upgrade mechanical doors and wirelessly connect zthem to an access control system, providing end-users with simple, intelligent way to raise the security level of their premises at a lower cost than traditional systems.
The HID Genuine certified Aperio™ technology is suitable for integration with HID technologies and controllers and supports in addition to high frequency RFID technologies iCLASS, MIFARE and DESFire now 125 kHz Proximity (HID PROX/ EM410).
Advantages of AperioTM technology:
– Additional doors can be integrated into access control systems at a low cost
– Battery powered cylinders and escutcheons with RFID reader functionality
– The only other items required are a RFID card and a access control management system
– AperioTM can update room access authorisations online and in real time
– Easy to install with no structural alterations or wiring to the door
– Standard RFID technologies are supported
– Open standard, meaning AperioTM can be combined with all access control systems
– More than 90 global leading access control OEM’s already support Aperio™