AMG, in partnership with its sister company Panogenics, is to unveil a series of new 360 degree, 5 megapixel security cameras at Intersec in Dubai, UAE, 15-17 January 2012.
The PanoCam360 offers 360-degree surveillance with no moving parts. It streams 12.5 frames per second and the company says the on-board de-warping reduces the processing requirement back in the control room.
Offering up to 14 de-warped video streams/independent camera views simultaneously alongside the full-resolution fish-eye view makes PanoCam360 the most powerful and versatile 360 degree camera range available, the company claims, and provides complete situational awareness from a single camera.
Founder and MD of AMG Systems, Dr. Alan Hayes says, “AMGPanogenics specialises in intelligent imaging solutions. We develop cutting-edge hardware and software technologies for the global security industry and incorporate technologies manufactured by Panogenics, a sister company to AMG Systems. The AMGPanogenics brand thus stands for advanced, cutting edge, high quality IP Video technology. We are very excited to be launching such an innovative new product. To the best of our knowledge, there is no other 360 degree camera available offering such a high number of simultaneous streams from the camera combined with a 12.5fps frame rate. PanoCam360 is already fully integrated with a number of renowned NVR/video management products and we will be able to demonstrate this at the show.”
Hayes is a director of Panogenics Ltd. Fellow Panogenics director David Myers was previously a director of Halo Vision Ltd and Grandeye Ltd, which are leaders in 360-degree solid state dome camera technology.
Also at Intersec, AMG Systems will be showcasing its new 5100 series for low cost, point-to-point single channel transmission of high definition video and audio over singlemode fibre. The 3G SD/HD–SDI provides low cost, high quality transmission of uncompressed, broadcast quality digital video signals with an option for embedded audio and/or time code.
The SDI transmission product has been developed to cater to the broadcast industry where the primary goal is the highest possible video and audio quality, and also to deal with demands for transmission of SDI video from a growing number of CCTV cameras coming to market, over far greater distances than can be achieved over the standard coaxial cable interface.
The company will further be showcasing the new ruggedized AMG 9000 Ethernet series. This series is indeed very well suited to the Middle East market as many security projects are ‘born’ as end-to-end IP projects. AMG is the first company in the world to offer a PoE (Power over Ethernet) device delivering 30 W – which is enough to power a PTZ camera.
AMGPanogenics Megapixel camera features:
- 185˚ Fisheye Lens
- 10 Pre-set positions and 10 Privacy zones
- Alarm in / out
- Vandal resistant die-cast housing (PanoCam360B)
- MJPEG, MPEG4, H.264 streaming
- 12.5 Frames Per Second
- 5 Watt PoE or 12Vdc
- Indoor, Outdoor, Surface or Flushmount housing options
- Low profile housing option available for transport applications
PanoCam 360 Benefits:
- Full Hi-Res 360˚ image stream for post-event analysis
- Wide area coverage with one camera, no blind-spots, no moving parts
- Up to 14 live panoramic and ePTZ streams whilst simultaneously recording the full scene
- De-warping in camera reduces network bandwidth and image processing loads on NVRs
- HTTP API and playback SDK for easy integration with 3rd party NVRs and Video Management Systems
- High Performance Platform for 3rd party video analytics (subject to integration)
- Provides Total Situational Awareness