AMG Systems has released a set of radio and GPRS products, suitable for a wide range of applications, to enhance their existing transmission product range.
Alan Hayes, founder and MD of AMG group, comments, “I am absolutely delighted that we are now incorporating these very attractive product ranges which fall in line with our strategy to widen our market reach and product offering in the transmission space. The new AMG ranges are as follows:
- AMG RM6000 Series – GPRS modem /router, suitable for applications such as general automation, VMS signs, bus information, tank monitoring, wind farms, sewage & water monitoring, telemetry & traffic information, and more.
- AMG RM9600 Series – Radio modems, suitable for applications such as alarm systems, data acquisition, remote metering, remote control systems, warehousing/dispatch, SCADA, and more.
- AMG VideoWave 5800 Series – Analogue video wireless modems supporting up to 7 video and 64 telemetry, alarm and audio channels.
“We’re very excited about adding these new product ranges to our manufacturing portfolio. They are a perfect match to our existing transmission ranges and they expand the markets and applications for AMG’s technology. It goes without saying that the new products will be subject to our usual vigorous quality testing and quality assurance. As always, we will deliver plug ‘n play and ease of installation, with our renowned Technical Support Team already fully trained and available for further information.”
AMG RM6000 Series – GPRS Modem/Router
- Uses GSM/GPRS class B, class 10 Quad band radio – allows for operation on any of the Major networks and is always ‘on’
- Provides communications to remote devices over the GSM cellular network – filling the gap where cabling or wire-line connections are difficult/impossible
- Offers connectivity via Ethernet, RS232 or RS485 serial ports – with USB port for programming
- Internal I/O board provides direct interfacing to sensors and alarms – can be extended with external I/O card
- Easy end-user programmable features via user friendly configuration software – facilitating monitoring from any windows PC/lap-top
- Operational configuration includes; internet gateway, client-server, point-to-point as well as standard GSM functions such as SMS, email and FTP
AMG VideoWave 5800 Series –Analogue Video Wireless Modem
- Wireless video transceivers – supporting up to 7 channels of Video (4 non-interfering) and up to 64 channels of telemetry, alarm and audio channels (15 UK spec)
- Enables wireless connection of PTZ and Dome cameras to monitoring and recording equipment
- Allows transmission of analogue video signal – with the option of up to 10 channels of RS485 telemetry data over short to medium distance (up to 500 meters)
- Licence exempt operation (R&TTE directive) – VideoWave uses 5.725 – 5.875 GHz band, telemetry uses 400 – 470 MHz band
- Fully transparent operation regardless of the serial data protocol
- Over-air speed of up to 16Kbps – serial data can be input at baud rates of up to 19,200bps
- User configurable parameters using on-board switches
- Operational status monitored using LED indicators
- Patch antenna included for video (1 km range) and ½ wave whip antenna for telemetry – optional antennas available for specialist purposes (up to 3 km range)